• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Germany tips please (1 Viewer)

Brigsy

Hi there,

I visit the Recknitz valley area and the general area of Rostock and the penninsula etc a couple of times a year. I have a good book of the area as well, but I am having no luck finding Golden Oriole. They are reportedly in the general area. Anyone have a good tip for a good place to check please?

Many thanks,

Brigsy

Recknitz is high chance for Lesser Spotted Eagle.
Around 10 a clock to 10:30 is high chance.

Rostock an driver Warnow is good chance for Trush Nightingale.

You can check ornitho.de.
First switch to english and than look at "MV" for Mecklenburg Vorpommern.

Many thanks for your replies. I'm lucky enough to have seen both of those birds around the area of my father in law's house within 1km. He's very lucky there. I will have a look at the things you mentioned. Many thanks. Appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Recknitz is high chance for Lesser Spotted Eagle.

Around 10 a clock to 10:30 is high chance.

Rostock an driver Warnow is good chance for Trush Nightingale.

You can check ornitho.de.

First switch to english and than look at "MV" for Mecklenburg Vorpommern.
Thank you. I will look at that site.

Thank you. I will look at that site.

Trush Nigthingale I saw and hear often in Rostock at "Spielplatz" Tychsenstraße.
You can give this into google, than you get the location.
My mother live in this area since 56 years.

Many thanks. Will go there for sure.

Arrived this evening. Already had two cuckoo's chasing each other overhead.

Thanks to you guys I used Ornitho.de for the nearest and recent Orioles and managed to see one at Ahrenshooper Holz.

Three were singing around me and finally managed to see one very quickly. So hard to see them high up in the Beech Trees.

Many thanks.

If you happen to visit the area (which is quite some way from Rostock, but maybe worth it if you're visiting Berlin or Poland, anyway) you might want to check out the Unteres Odertal National Park. I had lots of Golden Orioles, Great Reed Warblers (much more common than further west), and Red-backed Shrikes there, as well as some Barred, River, and Savi's Warblers, among other things.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back