• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BTX eye relief ? (1 Viewer)

dmcharg

Hi,

Can anyone offer their experience/thoughts regarding the BTX eye relief and in particular does it have enough eye relief for those who need to wear glasses ? Is the advertised eye relief of 21mm correct ? how does it compare to Swarovski binoculars i.e 8x32 ?

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone offer their experience/thoughts regarding the BTX eye relief and in particular does it have enough eye relief for those who need to wear glasses ? Is the advertised eye relief of 21mm correct ? how does it compare to Swarovski binoculars i.e 8x32 ?

Thanks

In my tests, the BTX offered sufficient eye relief for eyeglass wearers.

I observe without glasses, but tried "for fun" to observe with my usual daytime glasses, but also with some relatively thick reading glasses (see pic), and I could easily see the entire field of view (of course, only with the eyecups in their "fully in" position).

Naturally, I cannot confirm that the BTX will work with ALL glasses, so you may need to check yourself, esp. if you happen to wear very thick glasses.

Canip

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 22
Hey everyone. I am having no issues wearing my glasses with my new BTX. I also have Swaovski EL 8 x 32 bino's and would say the eye relief feels the same as the BTX. No issues either way. That said, I often remove my glasses and let the optic correct my vision. Meaning focus with my glasses on is far different than with them off. One less piece of glass (my eye glasses) getting in between my subject and me. If you know what I mean there.

Question for you all, and applogies in advance if this becomes a thread hyjack. My BTX has an 'aiming aid' which helps to line up the subject with the optic. Aiming aids are sometimes a hollow plastic tube - you find the subject with the aiming aid which aligns the entire optic onto the subject. When I look through the BTX aiming aid, all I see is a white dot with lines running out from the center dot. But you can't see anything thru the aiming aid. Looking at the aiming aid from the other side, you see what appears to be a white plastic (almost waxlike) substance on the front of the aiming aid. It's almost as if the white substance needs to be removed prior to first use. But nothing in the user manual about this plastic coating. I may call customer service tomorrow. But would appreciate any help here

Hello shortslide
I follow what you mean about the white plastic substance on my BTX also. I think it is just part of the design, as I have no problems using the aiming aid with the white plastic substance there. Be interesting to here what SONA customer service tells you.
Great piece of gear the BTX.

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back