• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2, St Croix, MN, USA, March (1 Viewer)

oleic

Pictures from last days of May (not march).
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2590.jpg
    IMG_2590.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2909.jpg
    IMG_2909.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Presume pic #3 was taken a lot more recently than March!! One of the Empidonax flycatchers (in a tree with fully expanded new leaves - no way in MN in March!), but sorry, not sure which.

Presume pic #3 was taken a lot more recently than March!! One of the Empidonax flycatchers (in a tree with fully expanded new leaves - no way in MN in March!), but sorry, not sure which.

.....Image 3 looks like a Yellow-rumped Warbler to me? :t:

#3 is definitely an Empid flycatcher and I'd call it a Yellow-bellied (eyering, yellow belly, throat same color/shade as head).

I was under the impression that Empids were all un-streaked, however a quick google suggested otherwise...particularly it seems with Yellow-bellied!

Good to know cheers.

I think some of the out of focus leaves are adding to the color, but I would agree the YBFC is still the best choice for #3. Agree on the IDs for 1 & 2 also.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back