• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello and listing software question (1 Viewer)

Allen S. Moore

Isle of Man
World species software

riotambopata said:
Hi, just joined, and relatively new to birding, though I've clocked up over 2500 species in my first 2 years as I've been travelling a bit. Anyone recommend a good way of keeping lists on my PC; ideally I'd want a package which covered all world species, pref. with photo/image attached. I am at square 1 here - I've never seen any listings software, and from the net searches I've done, I'm not getting a clear picture of what is good, or bad. So I thought I'd ask some users.

I'd appreciate the help, thanks.

rio

I've often wondered about this myself, not so much wondering about photos/images, as they would be avaiblable elsewhere, whereas your own records are unique to you. I had a "British Birds" List of Birds of the Western Palearctic from about 20 years ago that had columns for holidays, local patches or whatever you want to include in them. A package for a PC to include such things might be useful.
PS I'm from the Isle of Man and new to BirdForum.
Allen

Hi, Allen! A warm welcome to you from all of us on staff here at BirdForum!

As with the previous poster who had a similar software question, you may want to do a search here in the "Computers and the Internet" forum. There have been several threads dedicated to all kinds of birding software. If you can't find what you need, just post a question there and you'll find lots of friendly, knowledgeable people to help. :t:

Hi Allen,

From all the BirdForum Moderators and Administration, Welcome!

We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation of nature, especially wild birds.

Welcome

Hi, and welcome..... I use Thayer birding software world edition,and it keeps my world sightings very well. I can create reports by date, location, genus, observer, etc, and I find the program quite versatile. I haven't heard of software that comes with images, although Thayer offers a cd guide to north American birds; I don't know about world birds.
I really enjoy the listing software; I can keep track of sightings from anywhere from my backyard to National Wildlife refuges to any area of the world.
Good luck with your birding. , if you've seen 2500 birds, you're quite a birder already. ENJOY !!
Bill from New York

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back