• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Small Gull UK (1 Viewer)

Mole1

What do you make of this small winter plumaged Gull taken today in the UK at dusk? Photos are heavily cropped but otherwise straight off the camera. One photo shows more of the Gull flock to give an idea of relative size and colours shown on the birds at dusk. I only ever saw the bird in this pose before the flock was disturbed and flew even further away.

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• Gull1.JPG
    Gull1.JPG
    330.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Gull2.JPG
    Gull2.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Gull4.JPG
    Gull4.JPG
    939.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Gull3.JPG
    Gull3.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 77
which one do you want to know? i see mostly black-headed and common gulls with two LBBG in the 3rd pic (the darkish 1st cycle in the background at least is a presumed LBBG).

which one do you want to know? i see mostly black-headed and common gulls with two LBBG in the 3rd pic (the darkish 1st cycle in the background at least is a presumed LBBG).

Middle-back in the closer crops - the BHG behind the front BHG and CG

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back