Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

"Inexpensive" 8x32 Binocular Comparative Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Thursday 31st October 2013, 00:50   #51
Gilmore Girl
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankD View Post
Annabeth,

I could have hooked you up......

....with the bow that is. I once worked in the archery industry.
Oh cool ! I really enjoyed it when I was doing it, but I had joint pain especially in my shoulders beforehand which was exacerbated when drawing the bow and holding it. I tried compound bow once and that was just too heavy. I need to someday get my shoulder pain looked into. I just have the feeling it will involve surgery, so I've been avoiding it. I even have burning pain when holding the bins up after a while...and blow drying my hair, etc.

BF Supporter 2013 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 31st October 2013, 02:25   #52
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Frank - thanks for the great review!

Beth - An expert opinion is always worthwhile, especially if scans etc reveal the true situation. You can always say no to anything invasive like surgery. Mine needed it, but I chose not to, and after 4 years there's a little bit of muscle growth again, and a bit more hope for the future - physio (and time) works wonders!

Chosun

BF Supporter 2016 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 31st October 2013, 13:57   #53
FrankD

Glad you enjoyed it. I am going to add a review of the Opticron SRGA 8x32 porro shortly too. I will post a separate thread but will do comparisons with a few of the highest performing 8x32 roofs in this review as well.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAf...1LMvsLF0DExoog
Old Thursday 31st October 2013, 14:20   #54
black crow

Frank I'm going to suggest you review the Eagle Optics Ranger 8x32 if you can lay hands on one. I've very impressed with this bin and would love your opinion on it.
Old Thursday 31st October 2013, 16:04   #55
Sancho
BF Supporter 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankD View Post
Glad you enjoyed it. I am going to add a review of the Opticron SRGA 8x32 porro shortly too. I will post a separate thread but will do comparisons with a few of the highest performing 8x32 roofs in this review as well.
Id like to see your take on the SRGA. I had a pair and found them excellent, except for the very short eyepieces, which meant the bridge was very close to my eyes, or more particularly my nose, which is larger than average, so that the metal of the bridge chafed on my nose-bridge constantly.

BF Supporter 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 31st October 2013, 17:33   #56
FrankD

Quote:
Originally Posted by black crow View Post
Frank I'm going to suggest you review the Eagle Optics Ranger 8x32 if you can lay hands on one. I've very impressed with this bin and would love your opinion on it.
BC,

I can send an email to Ben Lizdas to see if he will send me out one. My finances are extremely limited at this time as I just paid a huge tax bill today. I would look forward to comparing it with some of the other models I didn't have to ship back yet.

Sancho,

In mine brief time using it I was impressed with the SRGA. I haven't had a chance to take it out of the box since but will try to give it a shot over the next few days.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAf...1LMvsLF0DExoog
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: