• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of the UK Overseas Territories (1 Viewer)

Jim Martin

Friend of the auk
Announcing the acquisition of BIRDS OF THE UK OVERSEAS TERRITORIES, a new title in the Poyser series based on the brilliant series of papers in
British Birds.

Publishing in July next year, in both hardback and paperback formats.

This book publishes TODAY.

It really is a beautiful book. A shame we can't launch at Birdfair as planned. Well, maybe we can do something next year. Anyway, available (in HB and PB) here:

https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/birds-of-the-uk-overseas-territories-9781472977267/

Jim,
I was just about to post here regarding this title as I have mine already.

Firstly, on page 163 of my copy, there is a printing fault in the picture, appears like drop of ink has fallen on the image at some point.

My question is one about the appearance of my copy overall. Many of the headings are in blue but some are in black and the tables are all done in blue which to my eye, makes the whole book appear as if it was printed when the ink was running out, are they all like this?

It's a lovely book which brings together a ton of interesting information, I wonder if it will inspire anyone to start a 'BOT' list?

Attachments

• rsz_p7220999.jpg
    rsz_p7220999.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
How different is it to the individual articles published in BB over the past few years?

Just wondering if I would get much benefit from buying it when I have all the BBs.

Steve

How different is it to the individual articles published in BB over the past few years?

Just wondering if I would get much benefit from buying it when I have all the BBs.

Steve

Couldn't tell you Steve, BB was never my thing tbh.

On the plus side, it saves you having to dig through all the back issues to fnd the one you want.

Last edited:
Additional to my first post, my bookesller tells me that all their copies have the same flaw and I was about to start slagging of the cheap, Chinese printing but they're printed in the UK.

I've had a response from the editor of this title who writes....

'Thank you for your message and for letting me know about the printing flaw to the image on page 163, I have just checked my two copies and they also have the same fault. I will take this matter up with our Production Controller and bring it to his attention.

With regards to Birds of the UK Overseas Territories, it does deviate slightly from the other Poyser titles in that it is a full-colour book, rather than a black-and-white book with a coloured plate section. As such, we have had slightly more freedom in terms of using coloured text for headings etc. Although this book is part of the Poyser collection, it is more of a standalone title and our future books are likely to follow the usual monochrome format.'

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back