• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kite KSP80HD (1 Viewer)

Ries

Netherlands
I found some threads here on the earlier SP82ED while this KSP seems to have been around since 2010 at least.

Manufacturer's page with specs: https://kiteoptics.com/en/nature/product/40/ksp-80-hd/

package with the 25-50w

I stumbled upon these due to a scope comparison (pdf) by BF member Gijs van Ginkel, here in English version pdf, where it did very very well amongst alpha scopes like Swaro ATM80hd, Nikon EDG, Leica and Kowa 883 (which fared less than usual).

So I'm wondering if BF users have experienced this scope, if it's really that good.

And how does it compare to the more affordable SP 82 ED?

Last edited:
I haven't seen the Kite KSP80HD, but it appears to be nearly if not totally identical to the Brunton ICON scope I reviewed here. The new Vortex Razor and Maven scopes also appear to use the same basic Kamakura design as the Kite/Brunton scopes. I also reviewed the Zeiss Gavia, which appears to be at least a close relative of this group.

Neither the Brunton nor the Zeiss comes very close to the optical quality of the Nikon Monarch I reviewed. The Nikon compares favorably to the very best of the Alpha class scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back