• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujinon 8X32 KF (1 Viewer)

dries1

Fujinon KF 8X32

I received these from Amazon the other day, and just using them around the backyard I am really impressed with them. I read Davids (Typo) review and since I value his opinion – he has viewed with a ton of glass, and provides great insight, I procured one for $139. His KF review is in the review section so read it, since I won’t repeat the tech/spec sheet just general observations.
For the money it is a great value, it provides a nice sharp bright view, the FOV is about average for a 8X32 glass at 7.5 degrees, it is light at less than 500 grams. The focus has the right amount of travel, not too quick like my 8X42 Terras and the right amount of firmness throughout travel. The diopter is firm, so no worry about it moving during use. I will not get into color rendition, to my eyes nothing out of the ordinary; objects of different color look the same as I see objects with my own eyes.
The only item, a slight negative, was some veiling glare when viewing through trees with sunlight coming through at different angles, but it was not too bad in this situation, it could show up more intensely under different conditions.
Overall a great value and a contender for the Bushnell 8X42 Legend M series for a 2018 bargain. Now this price is here in the US and based on tread information, a higher price is commanded in Europe.
10 years ago, one could not get a glass like this for the low price, so today we really do have many choices for viewing, many.
Some pics are below.
Hey Dennis, how is that weight of the 8X56 going – is it wearing you out yet?, just kidding, I am sure the views are great and easy on the eyes.

Andy W.

Last edited:
Alan,

Glad you are pleased by your first impression. I don't expect perfection from from such a lowly model, but the sharpness was exceptional on the sample I had, which for me would usually outweigh most other negatives. Just not enough to pay the UK ($450) price for it.:eek!:

David

Last edited:
David,

I was quite surprised at the sharpness as well when comparing it to a SE 8X32, aside from some veiling glare, not a bad glass for less than $200, but not at $450. It crushed my 8X42 Terras for sharpness, but I wonder about the (terra) sample I have, the exit pupils on those are not very consistent in shape either.
If someone in the US sends a KF there, would there be cost savings for them?

Andy W.

Andy,

I've looked at a few Terras now. The first 4 were demo samples on the Zeiss stand at Birdfair. Three were pretty poor on sharpness, but one was excellent, much better than the Conquest HDs. I figured if I could find one to match that, it would be worth having for the car. No luck so far.

I know some on the forum have imported from the US. When I looked into it, the shipping charge, tax and tax collection fee made it much less attractive, specially given the risks.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back