• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forgot My Binos (1 Viewer)

snowyowl

I find it hard to believe that I did this but it seems that I left my beloved Bushnell Elite 8x42's in Florida when we moved back north. Ok, I thought, I'll borrow my wife's Eagle Optics 8x42's, she rarely uses them and they are generally just around in the car generally for back-up. Got the Eagle Optics out and looked out of my window at my feeders. The Eagle Optics wouldn't focus closer than about 100m. so pretty useless to me. I assume that the bumping in the car has jarred something out of place. I solved the problem by ordering a pair of Nikon Monarch 5 8x42's. They arrived today and seem to be quite good. We'll share them for the summer then turn them over to my wife once we get to Florida and I recover my faithful old Elites. Such are the hazards of life when you get old and forgetful!:t:

I find it hard to believe that I did this but it seems that I left my beloved Bushnell Elite 8x42's in Florida when we moved back north. Ok, I thought, I'll borrow my wife's Eagle Optics 8x42's, she rarely uses them and they are generally just around in the car generally for back-up. Got the Eagle Optics out and looked out of my window at my feeders. The Eagle Optics wouldn't focus closer than about 100m. so pretty useless to me. I assume that the bumping in the car has jarred something out of place. I solved the problem by ordering a pair of Nikon Monarch 5 8x42's. They arrived today and seem to be quite good. We'll share them for the summer then turn them over to my wife once we get to Florida and I recover my faithful old Elites. Such are the hazards of life when you get old and forgetful!:t:

Bummer Dan,

Don't worry, I'll be in Orlando in mid-June for a week...will take good care of them!? :-O

Let's see, now where did I (you) leave them at??? 3:) :t:

Enjoy those 8x42 M5s! B :)

Ted

Vortex still does service for EO bins, try contacting them to repair the damaged pair. Hey generally have excellent service.

I will definitely try to get the Eagle Optics fixed but felt really lost without something to look through besides my camera lenses. The Nikons seem to be good value for the price.

Bummer Dan,

Don't worry, I'll be in Orlando in mid-June for a week...will take good care of them!? :-O

Let's see, now where did I (you) leave them at??? 3:) :t:

Enjoy those 8x42 M5s! B :)

Ted

In a moat surrounded community with lots of big gators waiting for a snack.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back