• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Win Opticron Binoculars answer two questions! (1 Viewer)

a) Who is your preferred optics dealer

The Birders Store in Worcester.

b) Why do you like buying from them?

Local, good range, pleasant atmosphere, good prices.

Nick

a) Cley Spy

b) Good customer service, knowledgable staff and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Plus it is a great excuse for a trip to North Norfolk!

A) Cabela's

B) Nice product selection representing various brands and quality / price points. Large in stock selection to compare binoculars side by side.

a) EuroOptic.com
b) Good selection and frequent significant discounts.

The truth is, I don't really have a favorite place anymore. I bought a lot of bins from Eagle Optics in the past. They were willing to check bins for obvious flaws before shipping. I also liked that they listed all the spec, including close focus limit that they measured themselves. I like sites that list close focus limit and IPD adjustment limits.

--AP

a) B&H Photo Video
b) Good prices, wide selection, decent return policy if there is a problem. Adorama seems quite similar, and I don't really have a favorite place either. These NYC stores are internet sources for me, and it would be nice to have a local shop that I really liked.

A) B&H Photo in NY
B) Good stock, decent prices, reasonable return policy though much of it is drop ship. Opticron for example

a) In-focus at Martin Mere
b) I'm in there on a regular basis for a bit of muchabout? and they're a friendly and helpful bunch even when you're not buying anything.

a) Cley Spy, Norfolk

b) Good selection of stock, knowledgeable staff, unhurried friendly service and a great viewing location.

a) B&H Photo and Video
b) I like their wide selection, good pricing, and good return policy (which I've had to use a couple of times).

Pelee Wings Nature Store, Leamington, Ont.

Huge selection of binos plus a very knowledgeable staff and excellent service.

A- House of Outdoor - Maarssen - Netherlands

B- An amazing choice of Binos/ spotting scope and brands. The owner is an expert on the subject, let you take your time to choose, and is not pushy at all. I could even try several samples of the same bino to decide which one I liked most.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back