• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds in singapore sungei buloh wetland reserve (1 Viewer)

Rainbow_Rain

Nature Lover
sungeibulohbird.jpg

sungeibulohbird1.jpg

sungeibulohbird2.jpg

sungeibulohbird3.jpg

sungeibulohbirda.jpg

my previous post cannot attach the above..so sorry
i spotted these birds at sungei buloh wetland reserve singapore.
can anyone help me id this birds please?thanks

these photos taken on 1st day of january 2013

Last edited:
I'm not an expert on these but here's what I think:

1. Sunda Pygmy Woodpecker
2. Osprey
3. Little Egret
4. Greenshanks and curlew

Mike

Curlew would be a very good bird for Sungei Buloh, whereas dozens of Whimbrels, esp from the particular hide that photo is taken from :)

do u mean to say curlew is quite uncommon in sungei buloh??Feel quite sad i only saw a few species of birds and of that few,photos taken were quite bad..

do u mean to say curlew is quite uncommon in sungei buloh??Feel quite sad i only saw a few species of birds and of that few,photos taken were quite bad..

I'm saying I see no evidence in the photo you saw one - the quality of the photos makes it very hard to say definitively anything about an individual bird in it. But nothing strikes me as a curlew and a flock suddenly appearing there would be very newsworthy and the staff haven't been making comments about any curlews being present to my knowledge let alone a flock.

If you want to see a curlew in Singapore then you have a better chance if you head to Chek Jawa on P. Ubin than at Sg. Buloh. In fact I can't remember a report of one at Sg. Buloh for a few years now - but I've not checked the actual last date so I might be wrong.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back