• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monopod Head (1 Viewer)

I just bought the Sirui L-10 at the local store and in the box not stated L-10X. I checked with Sirui website, no indication of L-10X too. Is it different model than L-10?

When I tested the Wimberley Arca Swiss plate with my 300mm 2.8 VR II,it does fit without any problem. It comes with 6 years warranty too. Mine looked like this one http://www.outdoorphotogear.com/store/sirui-l-10-monopod-tilt-head.html

Any comments?

That is the better version in my opinion. As you have to tighten the knob to lock your QR plate then any small variations in the QR plate dimensions do not matter. Mine has the lever lock (now discontinued I believe) which needs to be adjusted if you use any QR plates other than Sirui.
Hope you are happy with it.

That is the better version in my opinion. As you have to tighten the knob to lock your QR plate then any small variations in the QR plate dimensions do not matter. Mine has the lever lock (now discontinued I believe) which needs to be adjusted if you use any QR plates other than Sirui.
Hope you are happy with it.

So far so good. I will have the chances to try at Tabin Wildlife Reserve by end of this month with friends. Hope can get a shot of the Bornean Clouded Leopard and Blue-banded Pitta plus the Blue-banded Kingfisher!

The tilt head by Sirui is excellent with the 300mm 2.8 VR II. I was shooting mainly from the truck at Tabin Wildlife Reserve and because of the limited space available with my tripod, monopod + tilt head is indispensable!

Glad to bought this one. Tested it with my friend's 500mm VR, no problem at all too.

The tilt head by Sirui is excellent with the 300mm 2.8 VR II. I was shooting mainly from the truck at Tabin Wildlife Reserve and because of the limited space available with my tripod, monopod + tilt head is indispensable!

Glad to bought this one. Tested it with my friend's 500mm VR, no problem at all too.

Glad to hear you are happy with it!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back