• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Field guides - Greek Islands (1 Viewer)

htcdude

Hi guys,

Probably booking a holiday to Crete next year and wondering if anyone could recommend a decent field guide to the island, or the area?

Thanks,

Nige

Crete Birding

Hi guys,

Probably booking a holiday to Crete next year and wondering if anyone could recommend a decent field guide to the island, or the area?

Thanks,

Nige

It appears that the only field guide by Stephanie Coghlan is out of print.
However there are some web sites worth a visit :
Birding in Greece on line guide see p208
Fat Birder Crete
Into Crete
Birds of Crete
Honey Guides Crete Birding Reports
Crete Birding Facebook Group
Although I've been to Crete many years ago, unfortunately that was before Birding, though I hope that this info helps.

Last edited:
Hi Nige,

The Coghlan guide is still pretty good and worth having if you can get a copy. We've spent the last week of April this year and last on Crete and used it to good effect. Try ABE books. I picked up a copy for a tenner. If you're stuck, give me a shout and I'll lend you mine.

Alan

Thanks both for your replies, even though they were 3 years ago! I'm not sure why I missed the replies, but we didn't end up going.

However we are planning on booking for next year, so will have a look at those books\links unless there has been any updates?

Thanks,

Nige

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back