• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Received my new but used scope today (1 Viewer)

tealboy1

Thank you all for the help and recommendations. I’ve now purchased my first scope and got it today. Several of you know, but it is a Nikon Fieldscope EDii 60mm and came with 2 EPs, a 24x WF and a 20-45 zoom. The lenses and body are in exceptional condition. It is a straight body scope and came from a camera shop.

I haven’t spent much time behind the scope since it just arrived today but so far, I’m thrilled.

Unfortunately, I now realize I need a good tripod. I wasn’t planning on spending more money but the tripod I have is not good. Will need to go to the tripod section to see if I can figure out what to buy

Congrats! That's a really nice set-up. Be happy with what you have......but, if you want to be perpetually dissatisfied by chasing a more optimal configuration then (welcome to BirdForum!) my suggestion would be to keep an eye out for the 20-60x zoom at a good price ($80?) and maybe look for the 20/30/38x MC or WF if you want to obsess over the functional difference between using your scope at 24x versus 30x.

--AP

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back