• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping necessary for birding in Korgalzhyn? (1 Viewer)

sandrinhalee

bird happy
Hi everyone, I'm an amateur birder who's recently moved to Kazakhstan. I was interested in going to Korgalzhyn this spring, but all the trip reports I've pulled up talk about digiscoping. I don't have digiscoping equipment -- will I not get any good pictures with my measly 300mm lens? I realize I haven't done much of this kind of long-distance birding where the bird is a tiny speck across the horizon and you need massive zoom to get a look at it.

Are there other suggestions within Kz for better places where you can get a little closer to birds?

Thanks for the advice!
--S.

I know my reply may not help you. But it may help others who want to go to Korgalzhyn in the future. I am a new birder and only have a 83x zoomed bridge camera. I was able to catch 40+ birds though quality is not as good. The waders seemed to be very far (as compared to Ethiopia Rift Valley Lakes).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back