• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Field Guide - Uganda (1 Viewer)

Paul Chapman

Rather out of my comfort zone, I have a week booked in Uganda in early March landing in Entebbe and then after a day there, spending a week in Murchison Falls NP.

Simply, I'm happily tagging along as a friend has a couple of specific targets to celebrate his retirement. All arrangements have been made and agreed.

My only trips to Africa have been to Morocco, Western Sahara & Cape Verde so this is my first trip to Africa proper so I need to spend time with a field guide as soon as possible!

Can someone recommend the best and most uptodate field guide?

Many thanks

Jon/DMW/Daniel

Many thanks. Duly ordered.

Daniel - I must get off patch a bit more this year. Not managed to do the birding I wanted to do on patch yet.

All the best

Last edited:
Last edited:
Jon & Larry

Many thanks. I've started working through my list of probables from ebird so I should be able to cover off any range inaccuracies (or alternatively compound them.....)

All the best

Jon & Larry

Many thanks. I've started working through my list of probables from ebird so I should be able to cover off any range inaccuracies (or alternatively compound them.....)

All the best

The book I linked to Paul, lists most of what you're likely to see at Murchison including the less likely stuff that has been seen though I don't know exactly, how exhaustive it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back