• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A149 - Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Going back on topic, I'm starting to be confused. I thought the location was the minor road to Sandringham almost opposite the Wolferton triangle, but the proposals for traffic calming seem to relate to the Snettisham bypass and the stretch North to Hunstanton?

In my experience at those junctions, what usually helps one get out onto the A149 is someone scooting along quickly when you already have a gap going the other way.... slower traffic will actually make matters worse.

But for birds anywhere except Holme I rarely use that bit of A149 anyway, I go along the A148 and then cut up where appropriate: and for anywhere East of (and including) Holkham I approach via the A1065, not the A10. Much easier.

John

That's gonna be popular with twitchers heading to Norfolk, speed cams to be installed thanks to HRH's bump.

Lots if incidents on this road including fatalities so why does it take the involvement of a Royal to trigger such a plan even though, it looks like he pulled out in to the path of an oncoming car from a side road (my interpretation)?

Fake news I'm afraid - the scheme for installing speed cameras was in place before the accident

Fake news I'm afraid - the scheme for installing speed cameras was in place before the accident

prior requests from the police had already been turned down by the Council. They may have had the paper before the incident, but the decision was taken after the news story... maybe not all fake news nor all coincidence, as the story may have been influential in the decision.

The news said and I quote 'a council meeting had already been schefuled to discuss the situation on this road' so no action, other than a meeting, was planned prior to this.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back