• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to Sony. (1 Viewer)

crapbirder

Just acquired my first Sony camera, the RX10 iii. Gradually working my way around the menus but have not been able to find the setting, if there is one, to change the EVF brightness/darkness in line with changing Exposure Compensation via the EC dial.

At present, I can read the +/- EC value in the EVF but have no indication how this value affects the exposure of the captured image. Would be grateful for any help in achieving my aim.

It should be called something like 'Live View Settings Effects' and you want to set it to 'ON'. This will make the EVF and LCD reflect the adjustments to the aperture, ISO, and EV on the screen, rather than staying bright all the time.

It should be called something like 'Live View Settings Effects' and you want to set it to 'ON'. This will make the EVF and LCD reflect the adjustments to the aperture, ISO, and EV on the screen, rather than staying bright all the time.

Many thanks for your response, by a process of trial and error I found Live View Display by going to; MENU>Cog>3>Setting Effect ON which solved the problem.

On another forum it was suggested that all Sony users might find the Alexander White series of comprehensive user handbooks to their advantage. Here in the UK, the RX10 iii version is available from Amazon at GB£4.54 as an ebook and GB£21.95 paperback. Already invested in the former and it's unlocked the door to so many of the features I'd been struggling with.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back