• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Victory HT 15x54? (1 Viewer)

quincy88

Apologies if this thread already exists.
Is Zeiss going to make a 15x54 Victory HT?
I don't understand why they would make the big objective without also making the big magnification.
Also, a 15x54 with 95% light transmission would be totally awesome.
-as you were, q

After sales of the 8 and 10X54 are likely low, probably not going to happen, additionally there is a low demand for 15X50+ also in that price range. Many who buy that configuration will opt for a cheaper priced glass, and others who use the config for for astro, will also. I have the SLC 15X56 primarily used for the night sky and for the current ongoing hawk migration. Meopta and Maven also make good glass in 15X56. I don't think Zeiss has made a large config resembling that size since the 12X56 BTP, a beast of a glass.

Andy W.

The Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56 is a very nice binocular, I have one and also some others in
this size.

So Zeiss does have this base covered.

Jerry

Thanks for the info.
I was in the market for 15s. I would have held off for HTs if I thought that they were coming, but it doesn't really seem like that will ever happen.
I chose to go with SLCs instead. I had tried out 10x42 SLCs and Conquests before, and really liked them both, but ultimately preferred the Swarovskis.

James,
I've only taken my 15s out once, but so far I have found them stable enough to hand hold. I had a really fun time looking at waterfowl from way across a lagoon.

I saw my first White-Morph Snow Goose!
Several times I had this experience where I would be scanning along with my 15s and I would see a mallard or a widgeon or a kingfisher, but when I dropped my binoculars I couldn't even see the birds. They would be too far away to see even when I already knew they were there and where to look. Repeatedly, a bird easily identified in my binoculars then disappears into the distance when I dropped them. Pretty weird, and very fun. All handheld.

-as you were, q

Hello,

I doubt that Zeiss would return to anything like their 15x60 Classic. The binocular, when mounted has some real use for astronomy but the binocular astronomers want more magnification, bigger objectives and lower prices. If you need clear skies, you do not need waterproof roof prism binoculars and close focussing. That Classic was a step up from the 8x56 favoured by hunter European hunters who often like to shoot from platforms in bad light, mornings before sunrise, so a mounted 15x was useful, just not a big market.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back