• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Discovery 10x42 (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hello Guys, I have just purchased a pair of OPTICRON DISCOVERY 10x42 ROOF PRISM/BAK 4. Has anyone got some of these & could tell me what they are like.... Thanks..

Sean..

Thumbs Up For Opticron

My Opticron Discovery 10x42 WP PC binoculars arrived a few days ago & I have had a good couple of days of checking them out. Fantastic, I have had Leicas, Swarovskis, but these little beauties are the BEE'S KNEE'S. I am not saying Leica, Swarovski are rubbish because they are in fact the opposite, but these Discovery binos of mine suit my needs perfectly. build Is good Lightweight Magnesium body, Nitrogen waterproof construction, Phase corrected prisms for extra sharpness & they are one of the smallest pairs of 10x42's around & close focus under 2m. THUMBS up for OPTICRON, all this for under £100.

Lovely jubbly.
Sean..

I've had some of these for a few weeks now...

The only fault I would really throw at their construction is that the eyecups are a bit plastic and flimsy but for optical quality and robustness at the price they're hard to be sad with.

They don't stand up to my Dioptrons on optical quality/brightness and f.o.v. but in terms of weather confidence and if they are dropped they're more than adequate. Just don't expect them to outperform the higher models in Opticron's own range. Question is: how much do you want to spend? If it's just over £100 then you could do a lot worse.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back