• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Benro TMA27C Carbon Fibre (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Anyone got any opinions on this for an 82mm scope with a Manfrotto 701RC head (which i already have)? I have a very lightweight Benro to use with a 50mm scope and it is amazingly stable for its weight.

I have a tripod from the same series and use it with an ATX 85. It's very good, fairly light and very stable. I generally find Benro tripods to be excellent for their price and quite durable as well as nicely designed.

I would look at something bigger. I find scopes much more difficult to support/stabilise than Camera lenses. Given that my primary lens is the longest that Canon currently make I use a Gitzo 4 series Systematic - and it is great! However it is only adequate for my old 77mm Kowa scope.

I would suggest a more rigid and substantial tripod if you intend to use higher (30x +) magnifications.

Just my thoughts.

Hi everyone,

I am also looking into the Benro tripods from that series but I am getting a bit confused with the different models.
For the 9x Carbon Series there is the TMA18, 27, 28, 38C and 38CL. If I got it correctly, the general design and materials used are the same but the main differences are max height and number of segments?!

I am looking for a tripod for the Nikon Monarch ED82A. For the head I decided to go for the Manfrotto MVH500MH. I am 187 cm and reading the excellent 'Tripods Primer' in the forum, having only 3 segments is better than having 4.
So would it be best for me to also go for the 27C (3 segments etc)?

Cheers,
Stefan

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back