• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feels like spring ! (1 Viewer)

Dave J

Dave J
It finally felt like spring today. Clear skies and sunshine this morning, so i headed down the patch. Loads of Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs in now and good numbers of Swallows whizzing around.First new bird of the year though was a Bluethroat, not very early, but nice to see back in. This was swiftly followed by my first reeling Savi's Warbler of the year. While enjoying this, a male Marsh Harrier drifted past. The fields are full of breeding waders ( Black-tailed Godwits and Lapwings ), and just as i was leaving i had a distant Peregrine. With a cracking Firecrest earlier in the week, it really feels like the years started !

Dave

And by the looks of it, tomorrow will feel like autumn... but hopefully I'll find a few year birds early in the day (Blue-headed Wagtail or Redstart should be possible)!

Yes, it sure is! I love this time of year, all the birds are singing away and then migrants start coming through! |=)| I saw a Golden Crowned Kinglet this week and it made me feel so happy! I'm looking forward to the warblers....|=)|

at 7.20 this morning seen 8 swallows perch on overhead cables were I work at a nursery nr. Bristol ..made it feel a liitle bit more like spring

Wan2caTanager said:
Yes, it sure is! I love this time of year, all the birds are singing away and then migrants start coming through! |=)| I saw a Golden Crowned Kinglet this week and it made me feel so happy! I'm looking forward to the warblers....|=)|

I feel the same way--have had blue-grey gnatchers, pine warblers, and a golden-crowned kinglet myself this week. Can't wait for the next batch!

I always think the warmer weather is here when the swifts arrive. Have seen a swallow, willow warblers, chiffchaffs & blackcaps recently, so spring is certainly here.

Rod,

I like this time of year with all the birds singing etc I can't wait for the warm weather. Today is very Springlike blue sky & sun

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back