• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fall Birding in Missouri (1 Viewer)

Larry Lade

Birds we banded this morning in Saint Joseph, Missouri, see:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=226344#post226344

I also birded around Lake Contrary (here in Saint Joseph, Missouri). Some of the birds I saw were:

Double-crested Cormorant
American White Pelican
Pied-billed Grebe
Great Blue Heron
Killdeer
Ring-billed Gull
Franklin's Gull
Bonaparte's Gull
American Coot
Canada Goose
American Wigeon
Ring-necked Duck
Mallard
Blue-winged Teal
Northern Shoveler
Mourning Dove
American Kestrel
Horned Lark
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-rumped Warbler (everywhere high in the trees, 30+)
Magnolia Warbler (new year bird for Missouri)

Brown Creeper said:
Hi Larry

Nice list! I see that you banded a good number of birds today, too. Are Franklin's Gulls regular in MO?
We regularly see the Franklin's Gulls in the spring and fall when they migrate through our area. At times they are quite "showy" with their black heads and (sometimes) "rosy colored" breasts. In the fall of the year as they head back down south they are not as "showy" because of their molt into winter's basic plumage. It is always nice to see them regardless of their plumage.

Good Birding,

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back