• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White v's Pied (1 Viewer)

Gander

White v's Pied Wagtail - UK

I'm trying to teach myself the difference between White and Pied, but am just giving myself a headache.

Also, would they count as two ticks for a patch, or just one?

Attachments

• DSCN9599.jpg
    DSCN9599.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 78
Gander,
think your posting is great, lol.
Recently looked at a big flock of yarelli and actually found leucistic individuals and birds with abnormal whiter wing-areas like some far eastern birds easier to find than autumn alba. Having said this your bird ticks all the boxes, for white wagtail , with reduced grey on flanks, apparent mid grey rump, and reduced dark cap!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back