• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kodak Pixpro AZ252 Focusing issues (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

hello,

So, I have a Kodak Pixpro AZ252 camera. Today, I was out birding, and I was trying to get a picture of a turkey vulture. I got multiple pictures, but when I looked at them, all of them were out of focus. The camera automatically focuses, but it wasn't focusing on the bird. instead, it looked like it was focusing on the clouds in the background.

I didn't get a good picture of a turkey vulture because of this fact.

It agitated me a little bit, but I'm over it now. Does anybody have any recommendations to avoid this problem of the camera focusing on the clouds and not the bird? Am I doing something wrong?

Any help will be appreciated,

Jared

With this type of camera you can really only set the focussing to single point as shown on page 37 of your manual, ensure the focussing area on the screen is steadily over the bird, press the release and hope for the best.

If you can achieve sharpness then you will need to shoot in S mode at the maximum shutter speed your camera will give you, increase your ISO setting to maximise this. (This will help to reduce shake).

If your bird pics are too dark you will need to dial in exposure compensation - typically between 1.5 and 2 LV. This will reduce your shutter speed but cannot be helped. Experts may suggest using M mode, but you will find S mode with exposure compensation easier.

Regrettably shooting bird photos at long distances with the less expensive cameras is extremely difficult.

I hope this helps - best of luck.

Ok, I want to thank you for the advice you gave me. Look at my new thread in the Your Birding Day section if you want to see the difference between before doing what you recommended and after.

Jared

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back