• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New computer - recommendations? (1 Viewer)

To be honest with you, I am not sure the blurb on the ACDSee homepage is up to date. My statement about discussions about it making a difference if you have 2 or more gb of video ram came from discussions in the user discussion forum. That does not mean that you cannot make the program work with less - but it means that 2 gb does make a difference.

I have no experience (yet) with 4k video - but it will likely be in my future.

Niels

Yeah, exactly I'm not certain either. My Thinkstation P300 that came with a 16GB memory, a Nvidia Quadro K4000 (3GB) video adapter, 2 x 256GB SSD drives and upgraded PSU suites me just fine for any of my current video/image editing needs.

It's possible but don't think I would ever actually need a 6GB video adapter to edit image and video files.

Gamers are now using 13GB+ video adapters however expect to pay from around ~$1000.00 to over $1400.00 only for the video adapter, excluding an upgraded PSU, motherboard, CPU, etc.

Last edited:
I know very little about photography and photo editing, however, I’ve got 3 friends who are into photography and use Lightroom etc. They all went to Macs from PC’s. There’s a photo club in town, which they belong to and the majority run Mac’s.

I have an ole MacBook Pro and there really isn’t much of a learning curve to the Mac but I do prefer my PC desktop with SSD hard drive for everyday computer work. Not much help, I know.|:(|

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back