• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip Info? Scandinavia Nov? (1 Viewer)

Thomas H

Good Evening Everyone.

Need some info and pointers for a possible trip in Scandinavia. I'm still in 2 minds about this. Have a possible 6 days in Europe in November and not sure where the best spot would be to Bird, obviously to a certain Budget Limit.

Would it make sense to bird in the northern Area of Europe in November?

If so does anyone have advice on good Bird guides or places to go too for the area?

Any suggestions would be much appriciated!

Thanks.

Personally I would suggest going somewhere else than Scandinavia if going in November, at least if at the end of the month. There can be great birds and many sought-after species like owls and such will be around but they can be a pain to find as they are usually not singing or feeding chicks. Also, November (at least in middle Sweden) is usually a rather dismal and dark month, especially if no snow has fallen yet in which case it will be mostly muddy and did I mention dark? (In fact, the book I have about bird locales in my area literally says about November: go abroad!)

However, southern Scandinavia might be better, never been there in November.
Hmm, I realise I sound like I hate November which is not the case. I've had great days birding in November, but generally I think you would get more for your money if you go somewhere further south. I guess it all depends on what you want to see! :)

Thanks for the info Enji.

I was wondering about that. Wrong time of Year.

I wonder if Spain would be a good bet for November? Or maybe Turkey?

Anyone here who can recommend some good bird Guides for These Areas?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back