• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aldi ,Scope (1 Viewer)

Amazing, really - with a three year warranty, too. I'd guess the field of view would be rather narrow and none too bright but we'll have to wait and see! It might be a great starter scope for all that. Lidl has one a few weeks back.

I have a friend who has been a keen birder since 1948 and still uses a cheap scope - he never misses a thing with it!

If they're as good value as the £10 bins were from rival store LIDL then it'll be "Two for me please Mr Aldi " ....... Badge or no badge ;)

My dad recently bought himself 7x50 bins for just 7,50 euro (5 pound) at Euro Shop. (I believe there is something like "Pound Shop" in the UK). There is no focus or diopter, everything is fixed! I tried them and it turned a little smile on my face. Cheap optics can be "usable".

Best regards, Martijn

Ps. 35,99 euro Aldi Ireland. Thats a even cheaper than 24,99 pound in the UK.

I'm getting one. It cannot be any worse than the Tasco heap of £$%^ I have at the moment. And it's only £25. Even if it is just as bad, the Tasco isn't angled and only has x15-x45, so that's good enough for me!

Red Thunder said:
I'm going to try one. On an American forum they say they are re badged Alpen's

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-313259.html

Good as his mates Nikon. So it must be true ;-)
It comes with a table-top tripod and a carry-case. For 35 euro, that´s a steal. Lots of folk were upset they didn´t get a case with their ED50´s. For 35 euro, I´ll buy the Aldi scope, and if my kids can´t use it, I´ll give it to Oxfam and keep the tripod and carry-case. Or else I´ll give it to some kid at the school I work in; like the Meade bins at Lidl last year, there´s always some kid with a developing interest in nature who can be encouraged with a piece of cheap but usable kit. Beats the c**p out of teaching them ;).

Last edited:
iano said:
If they're as good value as the £10 bins were from rival store LIDL then it'll be "Two for me please Mr Aldi " ....... Badge or no badge ;)

Agreed :D , I love those bins, a few of the big name users have asked for a look through them and all have been very impressed.

digiscoper62 said:
Can anyone make out the logo of the maker ?

The Alpen logo looks completely different. So, maybe someone is just trying to make the logo SUGGEST it might be Alpen? Also, the scopes Alpen has on their web site look different. But the appearance of this cheap scope is pretty good, anyway.

Last edited:
The badge says 'ADVENTURIDGE - enjoy the quality of nature'
Is 'adventuridge' a real word...?
I'm still buying one, even if they are made out of melted down action men and old spectacles lenses.

Edit: I think that 'adventuridge' is their badge for their outdoor gear, so it could be made by anyone.
I'm also going to get one of their £2.99 Birds of America books, so I stand a chance of recognising something from the US ID threads other than the obvious stuff. Not that it'll do me much good - I'm moving to Switzerland.

Last edited:
as long as you can get a reasonable view through them thay have to be a good thing. A lot of pepole are going to see the step beyond bins at an afordable price for the first time. At this price its almost a disposable item. I would be down the shop on sunday if we had one. But iam a cheap scope fan not to mention cheap skate.

dafi said:
as long as you can get a reasonable view through them thay have to be a good thing. A lot of pepole are going to see the step beyond bins at an afordable price for the first time. At this price its almost a disposable item. I would be down the shop on sunday if we had one. But iam a cheap scope fan not to mention cheap skate.

If I had the readies, I'd get one for you and post it. As it is this is a 'I'll pay you back, dear Mrs, honest...' job...

mav12 said:
good thing with aldi is you can take stuff back for a refund if you are not satisfied within 12 months

And there's a 3 year warranty and a customer help line for it. The first inspires confidence, the second makes me think they see the need to deal with a lot of complaints... ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back