• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 2004 Usa Website Needs Updating (1 Viewer)

ceasar

Nikon 2014 USA Website Needs Updating

Attention Mike or somebody from Nikon!

I just was on the new 2014 Nikon USA website looking at the EDG Series binoculars. 5 single hinged EDG II binoculars are shown but when you click on the specs they magically turn into the now obsoleted double hinged EDG I versions which haven't been produced for at least 3 years AFAIK.

Try it and see for yourself!

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/Nikon-Products/Binoculars/EDG/index.page

Bob

Last edited:
Lions and tigers and bears! Oh, my!

There's a link below the EDG II bins titled "Archived EDG Binoculars," which show the EDG I version. That's probably where those old pix came from. I wouldn't sweat it, those who even know about the existence of the EDG, probably know its sorted history with focuser and diopter issues (except on your sample!) and perhaps even about the Swaro litigation that was the death knell for the EDG I, though that obscure factoid is better known among us gearheads.

What's more disturbing is that the Nikon SEs aren't archived. How will future generations know about the greatest porro of all time and its WF twin, the EII? I guess from the BF archives.

FLASH!

"Waa....Who are you?!"

"We ..traveled...back...in..time.. to... learn... about... spherical aberration of the exit pupil... because... we... could...not.. find... any... information.... about... the.... Nikon.... Superior... E ...on... Nikon's... website."

"How come people from the future talk like robots?"

"We are robots. Humans ceased to exist after sport optics went digital."

<B>

Last edited:
I wish I was in 2004 :)

I tried to fix this erroneous date which shows only in the Nikon Index but I was not able to do it. I will admit that it was caused by my own error.

Perhaps Nikon's website has the same inability to be changed that Bird Forums does? If so it will further increase the confusion surrounding the EDG. But that is the nature of the internet.

I wonder if it is possible for the moderators to change the date to 2014?

Bob

Bob:

If you report your own post, then the moderators will see your request.

You will find that report button, below your name.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back