• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I heard that Leica... (1 Viewer)

litebeam

...is phasing out their current televid series, can anyone articulate what's up and whats forthcoming?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I had a little chat lately with s.b. who is usually well informed and a new spotter was not mentioned...

Joachim

There's been talk of a new spotter line for a couple of years, however, nothing has become of it other than the disappearance of the smaller spotter. They stopped making it in anticipation of the newer version which hasn't materialized

Back from the ether...

Anecdotal, but a friend messaged me to say that Leica has re-released the 65mm series televid. Will confirm (and consequently post) if anyone else cares.

Leica 65 "W"? Looks the same as the most recent incarnation of the televid, but perhaps updated optics?
video was uploaded 2 weeks ago.
On closer inspection it appears there have been a couple of tweaks to both the 65mm and the 85mm - namely the eyepiece mount, different rotation pin and a slight reprofiling of the shape - probably best demonstrated by comparing new and old.

Wonder if they've done anything with the optics, and/or whether it will accept old eyepieces/standard 1.25" astro types?

On closer inspection it appears there have been a couple of tweaks to both the 65mm and the 85mm - namely the eyepiece mount, different rotation pin and a slight reprofiling of the shape - probably best demonstrated by comparing new and old.

Wonder if they've done anything with the optics, and/or whether it will accept old eyepieces/standard 1.25" astro types?
Is the 65W a new release? I would be interested! I don’t see it yet at sites such as B&H.

Leica has been "talking" about upgrading their spotters for years. They've announced that they'll be packaging the old spotters with the old eyepiece in one box. Nothing new about it other than new packaging

The 65mm is in the catalog again, what's new with the W?

In the latest catalog, the claim:

"modern fluoride lenses"

Has changed to:

"State of the art fluoride lenses"

Does it mean that CA is lower?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back