• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrow help in central texas (1 Viewer)

Fondo

All of these were taken on 11/5/2011 around a large lake in central Texas. I am an amateur when it comes to sparrows, so any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 87
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 81
The young white crowns always throw me off in the field, since the adults are so strikingly different. It doesnt help that there are so many species mixed up around town this time of year, though it does make for more fun IMHO.

I see your in Waco as am I currently. These taken around Lake Waco then?

Yes J.W.Ray, these were all taken around the waters edge in Woodway. Usually I get a great varienty of stuff around there, but its been pretty sad of late. Good luck.

I go to the park in Woodway pretty often, but more recently have been going out to Reynolds Creek. Seems to be more habitat and FAR less traffic out that way.

Reynolds Creek? I don't mean to add to the traffic there, but that sounds pretty good. I sometimes will also hit the Lake Waco Wetlands, which sadly, are not at all wet. There are some neat finds there though. 3 weeks ago a Brown Creeper and a few Harris Sparrows.

Yeah the wetlands are great when they are actually wet! Last year I saw 2 roseate spoonbills and white ibis out there. Ill shoot you a message.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back