• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Green Cay / Wakodahatchee wetlands (1 Viewer)

Glad the bobcats came out for you. I haven't had luck with them this summer or fall yet - but last fall, winter, and spring I ran into them fairly often.

I have been on vacation out of country for the past two weekends - I look forward to getting back to the parks this weekend.

Quick update for early December: Green Cay and Wako both have had big waves of passerines migrating through - many warblers and vireos - B&W, palm, pine, prairie, yellow-throated, yellow-rumped, cape may, black-throated blue, orange-crowned warblers, common yellowthroat, blue-headed vireo, white eyed vireo, northern parula among the sightings.
Raptor activity way up - especially green cay - kestrel, merlin, red-shouldered, coopers, sharp-shinned hawks, northern harrier all present.
Neat sighting of the month: Yellow-headed blackbird - first hanging around Green Cay, then seems to have moved to Wakodahatchee the past 2 weeks. Not shy, quite out in the open, hanging around with a bunch of red-winged blackbirds.
American bittern, sora, least bittern, purple swamphens, belted kingfishers all quite commonly sighted. Neotropical cormorants back at Wako - at least 2 nesting ones, each with double-crested cormorant mates.
Egyptian goose was back at Wako last week - haven't seen them around since April.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back