• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapters for Nikon d3200 (1 Viewer)

OutdoorJayy

IM just starting to try digiscoping and have got my hands on a Nikon d3200 camera. I also have a Swarovski 20x60 STS HD and was wondering which adapter a guy could use to take pictures through it . I looked at the Swarovski adapter but apparently there is issues with the d3200. Any help would be awesome, thanks!

Last edited:
Maybe the digidapter is an option. The dimensions are somewhere on the webpage, so you could find out if the camera plus the lens you want to use fit on the adapter platform. There's also an extender for the platform. It's a very good adapter.

Novagrade T-Mount Adapter

That setup should be a good digiscoping combination. If you have a short focal length lens for your Nikon a simple Novagrade T-Mount Adapter and Filter Thread/T-Mount ring will screw right on. You can get the T-Mount Adapters at: https://novagrade.com/shop/t-mount/ and the Filter Thread adapter at Adorama (there should be an indication on your lens near the filter thread to tell what diameter you have, for example 49mm or 52mm are common). http://www.adorama.com/ATA49T.html?gclid=CKyt4v2G8MYCFQyVvQods4YJHA

Picture of Canon DSLR Digiscoping Setup

Here is a picture of a Canon DSLR with 50mm lens, novagrade T-Mount Adapter and 49mm to T-Mount Ring from Adorama.

Attachments

• t-mount-adapter-dslr-thumb-300x225.jpg
    t-mount-adapter-dslr-thumb-300x225.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 170
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back