• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How can I make monochrome photo?? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
I was thinking of a try at the monthly competition (monochrome etc).
The only programme I have is a free download-photofiltre.
I can't find anything on it that looks like it will create monochrome. It might be 'stareing me in the face' but I can't see it.
Any suggestions appreciated as always.

Most digital cameras can be set to take pics in B & W.

Picasa (free google programme) will also convert pictures to B&W.

I was thinking of a try at the monthly competition (monochrome etc).
The only programme I have is a free download-photofiltre.
I can't find anything on it that looks like it will create monochrome. It might be 'stareing me in the face' but I can't see it.
Any suggestions appreciated as always.
I do all my photo editting with MS Office Picture Manager (Windows XP). For monochrome, just Edit Pictures, Color (their spelling, not mine!), and drag the Saturation bar to the left, then use Save as.
Alan

David,

in Photofiltre you have several options.

Filter > Aged Effect > Black & White

Filter > Aged Effect > Sepia

Filter > Aged Effect > Old Photography

Or

Adjust > Hue/Saturation then reduce the saturation slider to suit.

Should get you started...

Another vote for the Gimp, does everything I want. To change to monochrome
IMAGE>MODE>GREYSCALE
Or better still
FILTERS>DECOR>OLD PHOTO

Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back