• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sundown hunter, Barn owl (1 Viewer)

Stranger said:
Wow! Thats got to be the picture of a lifetime! However are you going to better that ?
Thanks for sharing.

Many thanks, not sure if I will better it, but I'm gonna keep trying....

Probably the best Photo on this page. So great in fact that it inspired me for an oil painting (hope you don't mind) that now adorns my lounge!

Great stuff!!

Steve

Do you mean that you've bought a copy of the picture, The Bird?

If you've just printed it off from Bird Forum, I expect that Nigel's solicitors might be wanting a word..!

;)

Really not too fussed if its just been printed off for personal use, any other use of the picture and I would definitely be contacting the Legal rep. The sad thing is that the highly compressed low resolution image is not going to be viewed in all its full resolution glory, very much the viewers loss!

Its pretty straightforward really, just manually meter off the midtones and don't allow the suns brightness to fool the meter into underexposure. in these circumstances the sun was not that bright as there was some atmospheric mist, mostly the owl has transmitted light coming through its plumage, and the fact that its a white bird helps too.

Hello
Very new to this forum, so maybe way of track - what I would like to know is it possible to purchase a quality print of this totally amazing photograph from you, Nigel? It took my breath away and would look amazing framed and in pride of place on my 'Bird Wall'

See Point 1 on this thread from Nigel, Wendy. I bought a print a couple of years ago and it has so being admired. I have put it in a sort of silvery grey frame.

Sandra

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back