• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes 2015 (1 Viewer)

Ooooooh!! I'd not seen that page before... fascinating Tiger. I found it hard to stop looking at it LOL.

Mmmm... not too good. Is it possible do you think, that some may have found a different site?

When I looked in this morning she (I think, useless at telling them apart on my small screen) was looking quite restless in the nest; sitting down moving the soft stuff about... just seemed to be trying to make it comfy.

I think it'll be a few days yet before the first egg is due to be laid though? It's a week today that she first arrived.

When I looked in this morning she (I think, useless at telling them apart on my small screen) was looking quite restless in the nest; sitting down moving the soft stuff about... just seemed to be trying to make it comfy.

I think it'll be a few days yet before the first egg is due to be laid though? It's a week today that she first arrived.

Here are some stats on the time between female arriving and eggs being laid.

See number of days from female arrival to eggs being laid

Thanks Tiger... yes, as I thought it's going to be a few more days yet, isn't it.

I wonder if a younger bird produces the first egg more quickly than an older girl? I'm trying to work out why they go from 10 days to over 20, seems such a wide range. OK, maybe they didn't mate on the arrival date for some of the later ones, but you wouldn't think that would account for all, would you?

Thanks Tiger... yes, as I thought it's going to be a few more days yet, isn't it.

I wonder if a younger bird produces the first egg more quickly than an older girl? I'm trying to work out why they go from 10 days to over 20, seems such a wide range. OK, maybe they didn't mate on the arrival date for some of the later ones, but you wouldn't think that would account for all, would you?

The more stable the pair the earlier eggs arrive. I would day that 11 days is the norm. In the case of Monty and Glesni it has been up to three weeks before eggs are laid.

i'm having difficulty with sound from the web cam transmission on my mac. Video is great but the sound is very broken and intermittent. Would anyone know if i might have to update something on my mac. Would appreciate the help.

I think they've been having intermittent problems with the sound this year Renton.

Glad you've confirmed that it's not me as well LOL.

oooh.... at last.

Frustrating, as I was looking in less than an hour ago!

Thanks Tiger.

Such a shame been following this pair for quite some years now and have brought me such joy and happiness, went to Dunkeld a few years back then went and visited another Ospreys nest, however its was 14 mile walk from the car and sometimes we just camp and come back next day, however 1 14 mile walk, produced a pair of hunting GE, seen twice, first time hunting, second time returning the same way carrying prey (Deers leg) and my most rewarding treat a trio of my first sighting of BTD. Hope and pray she returns but its not looking good. :(

Damian

Watch it!!;)

LOL I sure would if I tried sitting on it!!

We seem to have two threads... I was getting confused (not difficult!)

You are right there. Historically osprey cams have been in "Birds of Prey".

However since there is a section for Live Cams now maybe that is a better place to put these discussions.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back