• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good Photo Viewer for Android Tablet (1 Viewer)

crazyfingers

So I have a new Android Tablet (Samsung) and I find that it's difficult to find a fully useful app for photo viewing. I have put all 58,000+ of my photos from the last 10 years on this android. The photos are first in a folder for each year and then month and the in many cases some outing within a month will have a sub folder so I probably have in excess of 200 nested folders of photos.

But, the stock photo viewers with android do not organize the folders in a nested way. Instead of all the folder within , example, 2009, may being labeled 5 May, as I have on my desktop, the viewers want to list all 10 years of 5 may folders after each other. I have to scroll through 200+ FOLDERS to find the one I want instead of first going to 2009 and then seeing the list of folders within. And all at that the unit is trying to display 58,000+ thumbnails all at once.

I have found some apps that will display nested folders in their hierarchy but then they do a lousy job showing viewable size thumbs.

Does anyone know of a good photo viewing app for Android that works pretty much like plain old file manager will in Windows 7 and then click on the first in a folder and then let one flip through the photos full screen flicking from one to the next or do a slideshow?

Some apps are just plain dumb. A lot of my folders are specific vacations and the photos are in order from beginning of vacation to end. But some apps only will view most recent first so it's end of vacation to beginning! No reverse sort allowed.

Advice from other forums where I post has led me to QuickPic. After finding the control to make it show folders as they are nested, like in Win7 file manager, instead of - I checked and it's over 350 folders- as a list, appears to be the ideal answer. It's fast gathering up all the thumbs where some of the apps take a long time. Thumbs are acceptable size. Wish there was an extra large option but it's fine as is.

Flicking one photo to the to the next works well. Photos are in the correct order. Slideshow works well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back