• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need Recommendation...Lieca 77 for General Use? (1 Viewer)

syncopate

Greetings-
My siblings and I are buying my father a scope as a retirement gift. This will NOT be used primarily for birding. It will likely be set-up at a vacation home with a view of a city and sea beyond...to look at the landscape, whales, planes, people, life, birds, etc.

I'd like to find a scope with variable magnification, angled eyepiece, and ease-of-use. The favorite I've found so far is the...

Leica Televid 77 angled body w/ Leica Ocular B 20-60x

Also looking for a good tripod that is VERY easy to use and reached 6' tall.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks,
Bart

i used a manfrotto nat3 055 with the 128rc head for my APO televid 77. this is a great combination, and is rock solid for when viewing at 60X mag.

it is also very well priced compared with other tripods. i would check this tripod out if i were you.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back