• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

can this forum support poll? 10x42, 8x42 vs 12x50 (1 Viewer)

NWBirder

Just Need One More Pair
I for one use 10x42 waterproof roofprism binoculars for my birding trip.. Have seen many people using 8x42 and 12x50. I know the size the binoculars and their powers have been debated over and over. But I am curious to know what percentage of peopls are actaully using each format.

If this forum supports poll, it will be ideal.. need some expert to point it out how to do it.. Otherwise, let's try this

1) 8x42
2) 10x42
3) 12x50
4) Mid-size binoculars (power<=8), such as 8x32
5) Any compact binoculars

Thanks for everybody's input.. I will tally them once we have statistically meanful input (say >50 followups) and post it back here.. Keep on adding up..

I resent being stuck in the 8 x 30/32 category on line 4 when I would rather use a 7 x 42.

In any case I prefer the above over the 4 other formats listed.

Bob

1) 8x42 Have one pair, rarely use
2) 10x42 Have one pair, use frequently
3) 12x50 tooooooo heavy for the most part
4) Mid-size binoculars (power<=8), such as 8x32 2 pair, use most often
5) Any compact binoculars Have several, loaners, never use myself

Jaeger near Chicago

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back