• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colorado Springs - May (1 Viewer)

Di Stone

Colorado Springs - March

We're off to spend some time in Colorado Springs in March and I was just wondering if anyone could give any clues to some local birding areas.

Many thanks

Di :t:

Last edited:
Hey Di, I once spent a summer in Denver and surroundings (2000) and I can tell you there is some magnificent scenery around there! You'll be pretty close to Rocky Mountain National Park, The garden of the gods and i Think the Rockies in general. In westminster (NW Denver) there is a great bassin called Stanley Lake which is quite nice. But the most beautiful place i've visited (and camped at!) is at St Mary's Glacier, somewhere in the Rockies, in the vicinity of Denver.

Those places should be beautiful in May, especially the glacier, even in summer it seemed as if I entered paradise! I used a book there called Birds of Denver, written by Fisher and Butcher.

Have a blast! and let me know what you all spotted!

o bar lake is known for it's bird i think i've only been there once when i wasn't interestead in birds but since then i've herd from almost every one who birds that that's a great place to see them and there is also the audabon society near waterton canyon in jefferson county i'm not sure where bar lake is though
hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back