• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

El Hondo (1 Viewer)

What a great article Mark. Thanks for doing this one.

A couple of questions: I see from the Overview that there may be some other names that this site is known by, would some Redirects for, say Elche (or Elche Lagoons... or both??) be useful and maybe El Fondo too perhaps.

It rather depends how you think people may search for this site in Opus.

D

Ah!

What you do is to type into the search bar the name that you think people will search for.

This should take you to a page that says This page does not exist, though may give some options lower down.

The word(s) you typed in will show in orange text. Click on that and you're taken to a blank page.

Insert this coding:

#REDIRECT [[El Hondo]]

Preview it to check it's worked (El Hondo should show in blue at the top) then save.

Don't worry... if it goes wrong (which it shouldn't) it can easily be corrected.

D

:t:

One other bit of coding you can do:

Replace your name credit under the picture with

{{user|Mark+Etheridge|Mark Etheridge}}

D

Just want to add my thanks to you, Mark, for a great article. I have edited a couple of things as below:

1. Added White-headed Duck to the Check-list
2. Made your website link in External Links, clickable

Also a question - does the Ruddy Duck (US species closely related to the White-headed Duck) occur in the region? I read a while ago that there was a big concern about it inter-breeding with the local WH Duck.

Hi Helen

Unfortunately yes the Ruddy Duck does occur not only in this area but also other parts of Spain :C. The Communidad Valencia plays an active role in removing both Ruddy Ducks and any hybrid birds which they find, up to 2002 they have captured 42 birds (source : "Conservation Plan for the White-headed Duck" Generalitat Valenciana Pamphlet dated 2002).

Regards
Mark

Thanks for the info, Mark. Glad to hear that something is being done about it.

Hi Mark
Congratulations for your post about the Hondo. I work in the University and I want suggest you some considerations to improve this text. The osprey never breed in the Hondo. In fact, the osprey have returned to breed in Spain (continental) after more than 20 years in 2009 in Cadiz, and now only in Andalucia there are reproductive pairs. In other hand, several non breeding birds use frequently the artificial nest installed in the "Reserva" to rest the year around.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back