• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finch ID Nepal 2700m asl (1 Viewer)

Arend

Birder in Kathmandu
My friend Pratap Gurung took this pic at 2700m asl in Nepal. It seems a finch with big dark bill and very few markings. Otherwise its profile and head is a bit like Common Rosefinch. Any suggestions and bright ideas?

Attachments

• Pratap Gurung finchy 2.jpg
    Pratap Gurung finchy 2.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Pratap Gurung finchy 1.jpg
    Pratap Gurung finchy 1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 42
That was seriously puzzling me on Facebook yesterday!

Arend, your friend just needed to follow the forum rules re stating date, location and state name in the header. They also don't like people posting multiple photographs for some reason.

What am I missing?

Thanks, I had no idea he had put this bird on ID Indian. Will check whether he knows what went wrong. No idea that such facebook page existed. We have a similar page (Bird ID Nepal) , but with only few people, more for ID, puzzles and discussion among ourselves.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back