• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Id Help - Sattal - 5 (1 Viewer)

mihir

India
Request id help for these birds photographed at Sattal, India in Feb 2020
1) Mountain Hawk-eagle?
2)
3) Black-throated Thrush?
4) Green-tailed Sunbird?
5)

Attachments

• DSC_4437.jpg
    DSC_4437.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_4506.jpg
    DSC_4506.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_4276.jpg
    DSC_4276.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_4629.jpg
    DSC_4629.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_4631.jpg
    DSC_4631.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 43
1 is Himalayan Buzzard
2 Prob Pine Bunting
3 Black-throated Thrush
4 Green-tailed Sunbird
5 Red-vented Bulbul

How sure are you on #5? I see Red-vented Bulbuls every day and it doesn't really feel like one, though that's nothing definitive.
For one thing the feathers on the back are lighter with a dark lower edge whereas I believe Red-vented Bulbul should have darker feathers with a lighter lower edge. Example photo: https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/166351261
Also think you would see at least a bit of the black head plus some of the white uppertail coverts.
Not really sure what it is, but doesn't seem like a Red-vented Bulbul to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back