• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

gitzo 1720 QR head (1 Viewer)

Yes I use it with my 15x56 Vortex Kaibab HD and also with a Nikon Fieldscope ED 82A, both on carbon tripods.

In BF you may find an interesting thread

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=300096

specifically dedicated to this head

Greetings

Thanks for the link to that older thread. My Pentax80 scope arrived just last week and I need to replace the ball head on my Manfrotto 055 tripod with something suitable for a spotting scope.

I had looked at Manfrotto heads but will now add those Gitzo heads to my list.

grant

hello, is this head strong enough to work with the swarovski scope ATS 80 HD

I ordered the 1720 to use with a Swaro 65 but I have also used a Swaro 80 on this head, I was surprised at how well it worked with the larger scope. If possible It might be a good idea to order the 1720 and the 2720 and try them for yourself. Check the dealers returns policy first.

hello, is this head strong enough to work with the swarovski scope ATS 80 HD

Yes but the 2720 is better. I tried both on my ATM 80 HD (slightly lighter than the ATS 80) and found the 2720 to be more stable. Paired with the GT2543L it's an excellent combination, but not cheap.

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back