• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wimberly head (1 Viewer)

foxydave

Hi I am still having trouble fitting sorted thread out but my gitzo gt354125 tripod seems to look as if I need a large washer as thread does not go all the way :C:C

First I would check the depth of the hole in the Gimbal then check the length of the tripod stud to see if it should go in .

Rob.

Hi rob I bought one yours it was great fitted well this is a wimberly head sorry missed that of the thread is ok but on the tripod the stud has a 1/2 inch smooth metal below the thread .as if some sort of washer is needed when tightened up I still have 1/2 inch gap below cheers

Is it one that has 3/8th one end and 1/4 the other -it seems like the post wants dropping down to me.
Rob.

It is normally with the 3/8 thread on one side and the other side the 1/4 thread;

You can set the lenght itself from the threads .

Hi rob not sure has a large nut under which a plastic hook screws onto .cheers mate

Yes it does seem the post is too high, the amount of thread on the tripod is on average around 6mm to 8mm .

so there will be a simple way of dropping the post down to get rid of that 1/2" smooth bit, it could be a grub screw or nut.

Rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back