• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fully compatibility Manfrotto 501PL/Sirui VH-10 plates? (2 Viewers)

Saxatilis

Full compatibility Manfrotto 501PL/Sirui VH-10 plates?

Hello all,

Since mid-2009 I use a Manfrotto 701HDV fluid head on a Velbon carbon tripod to support a Nikon Fieldscope ED 82A - before 2014 a Leica APO Televid 77-.

I am happy with my current set up, but after reading some posts and BF threads on the fine Sirui VH-10 head which should be superior in most or every aspect to my 701HDV, I am now considering to change it with the VH-10.

I can not to be fully certain however if the Sirui plates are interchangeable with the Manfrotto's without any problem at all (as some advs seem to indicate....I own also a heavier Manfrotto 501HDV with the same 501PLs) or if some differences do exist instead.

I would like to know to better evaluate this possible upgrade.

Thank you

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back