• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help identify, please. (1 Viewer)

richard bohnet

Hello everyone
I am living in the south of France, Cannes region and have a bird visiting our garden which I cannot find in either of my bird identification books can anyone help me. It is about the size of a sparrow or robin, Black on top, grey underneath with a definite white blotch on the throat. So far taking a photo of it has not been possible, as it won't stay still long enough. Richard

Hi Richard I see this is your first post, so may I welcome you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators at Bird Forum

I have taken the liberty of moving your post to the Bird Identification Forum where the ID experts hang out and I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you

Meanwhile I hope you enjoy browsing the forums

D

delia todd said:
Hi Richard I see this is your first post, so may I welcome you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators at Bird Forum

I have taken the liberty of moving your post to the Bird Identification Forum where the ID experts hang out and I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you

Meanwhile I hope you enjoy browsing the forums

D

Dear Richard

Perhaps it is a Black Redstart.

Check out this Wikipedia link to see if it matches the bird in your description.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Redstart

Happy birding

Sean
Hiroshima :bounce:

Hi, Richard!
From your description I think it is a Sardinian warbler.
Take a look!

Attachments

• sardinian_warbler.jpg
    sardinian_warbler.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 85
Think you cracked it!

ody said:
Hi, Richard!
From your description I think it is a Sardinian warbler.
Take a look!

Yes..as the white blotch was mentioned I should have thought of that as an option...think you might have craked it ody!

Southern Spain...Sardinian Warbler, Blackcap and Black Redstart all seemd to be common garden birds that nearly fit the bill..so to speak.

Happy birding

Sean
Hiroshima :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back