• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Report images in the Gallery with the wrong scientific name (1 Viewer)

And the next one: This is no longer Dicrurus hottentotus as the species has been split. It's now Dicrurus bracteatus, Spangled Drongo.

André

This three pictures: 1, 2 and 3 are correctly labelled with Black Drongo but with the wrong scientific name. It should be Dicrurus macrocercus .

André

Just working with Butcherbirds....;)

This is not Cracticus torquatus but Cracticus argenteus

The same case here.

The split is now widely accepted and also made in the Opus.

André

Hi André

I've changed the first one, but the second is already Cracticus argenteus it needs a re-direct for the subspecies ''colletti'' I think... if that's what's happening now.

Greetings from a cold and wet Perthshire!

D

Ah, its found with both searches as torquatus is also mentionend in the text. So everything ok.

Rather cold here to, had some snow yesterday in the mountains...

Ah, its found with both searches as torquatus is also mentionend in the text. So everything ok.

Rather cold here to, had some snow yesterday in the mountains...

Only "yesterday"? ;) I'm sure they were talking about some on ours a few weeks ago!

D

Good thing that is not me (24h temperatures between 24 and 30 C); I am still struggling with the cold I got in Glasgow (not bad enough to stay home, not good enough to feel good ...)

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back