• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildlife art by Leonessa (aka Catska)... (1 Viewer)

Leonessa

Hello fellow artists...New to this forum, but I can already see what an awesome place this is in the web universe! I am a painter from the pacific northwest, mostly work in oils, ink and charcoal, but also like digital meduim, and, if it's a mural, definitely prefer acrylic over oils...:eek!:

Here's something: American Mastodon...
Medium: acrylic on panel, 9' x 16'
;)

Attachments

• mastodon%20mural.jpg
    mastodon%20mural.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 136
Apart from the fact that you paint very well, I really like the way your paintings make me want to explore, they're inviting and induce a reverie in me. Looking forward to seeing more and glad to have you on board.

Feck me, the underwater scene is simply outrageously stunning! I love the American Mastadon (nomenclature aside ;) ), but this second piece is just WOW!
Very pleased to meet you and your work - don't be shy in showing us more.
I wait in anticipation . . . . .

Sorry - I've just had your painting into Photoshop for a more detailed look around - mindblowing! I'm an illustrator (generally) and therefore don't really 'go' for illustration work, but yours is something else - take a bow.

Thank you, guys - Aries, Nick, Tim, Dave...3:)

Dave - no one's ever asked to be on my fan list, so I didn't have one before, but now I do! ;), thank you!8-P

Nick - amazing, amazing website gallery! I see you travel with your sketchbook quite a bit - lovely paintings...

Aries, you're from the Phillipines, what is your favorite bird specie in the Phillipines?

Tim, LOL! Thank you so much for your compliments. It means a lot coming from a fine painter such as yourself. I really like your paintings.

You guys are very prolific!

Leonnessa- just found you. WOW! Your work is really great and adds to the rich mix of subjects and styles on the forum. Will definately keep up with this thread:t:

Last edited:
Leonnessa- just found you. WOW! Your work is really great and adds to the rich mix of subjects and styles on the forum. Will definately keep up with this thread:t:

Just noticed this myself, superb work. My hat is off to the underwater scene, wonderfully creative and masterfully painted, look forward to seeing more....

I haven't been on much over the last few days so I've missed this up to now. I would have commented sooner if I had seen it though! Excellent work Leonessa, obvoiusly a great deal of imaginative creative thinking goes into your pics, cant wait to see more. And welcome to the wildlife art sub forum at BF we're generally a pretty active and friendly bunch so join on in!

Woody

Leonessa-
I am blown away!!! I can't wait to see more! This forum just keeps getting better and better. Your paintings are spectacular!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back